Help me choose my new author photo

I recently had new photos taken.  This is always stressful for me, which is one of the reasons I was a photographer once upon a time.  I far prefer being behind the camera than before it.  But books need photos, and I have a compulsion to keep them current.

That said, it isn’t a simple undertaking.  I can’t speak for other authors, but this is what a shoot entails for me.

1.  Choose a photographer and set a date.

There have been times in the past when I was all over the place trying to pick a person, but the choice was relatively easy this time.  Based on personal recommendation and her amazing celebrity photos, I knew that I wanted to work with Kerry Brett.  Since my last photos were taken outdoors and had been a scheduling nightmare of rain and humidity, I also knew that this time I wanted a studio shot.  Kerry’s studio is in Hingham, Massachusetts, an easy 45-minute drive from my home.

We picked Wednesday, June 27, 2012, for the shoot.  I wanted to get it done before summer, so that I wouldn’t stress the summer away, and what with Kerry being busy with Christmas photos pretty much from September on, a June date worked for her, too.

2.  Hire makeup artist.

At Kerry’s recommendation, I hired Dianna Quagenti, with whom she often works.  The deal was that I would meet Dianna at Kerry’s studio having made myself up with the look I like, then she would smooth, accentuate, or modify what I’d done to make it perfect for the shoot.

3.  Make appointments for hair and nails.

These things matter.  Easy phone calls took care of both.

4.  Choose clothes and props.

This was the tough part.  I took things out, tried them on, put them back.  I talked with Kerry about colors of my clothes and her backgrounds.  I took other things out, tried them on, put them back.

5.  Re-choose clothes and props.

More trying on and putting back.  Some buying and returning.  The process was endless.  Midway, I sent Kerry phone shots of various dresses, jackets, scarves.  Regarding props, we discussed the possibility of my holding a pile of books (decided against it) and a laptop (went with this).

6.  Diet.

Actually, it was more a question of taking care, in the three days leading up to the shoot, to avoid those foods that might make me bloated (carbonated soda, airy frozen yogurt) or puffy (cold cuts, Chinese food, anything else heavy on salt).  I mean, yeah, it would be great to lose ten pounds prior to a photo shoot, but experience told me that wasn’t going to happen.

7.  Sleep.

It’s the one thing that can make or break the way you look.  It’s also the one thing that is hardest to do when you’re as nervous as I was about this shoot.

That said, by the time I arrived at the photographer’s studio, my job was done.  I pretty much sat there and let the makeup woman do her thing, then let Kerry decide which of my outfits went with which backgrounds.

It was fascinating to watch Kerry – her thoughtfulness, tipping her head this way and that as she analyzed me and the light, asking me to tip my head this way or that, having me turn a bit to the right or left, to sit or stand, always her thoughtfulness.

Two weeks after the shoot, I returned to Kerry’s studio.  Of 500 shots, she had chosen the best 100.  We sifted through those, hoping to boil it down to five, but the shots were so good that I couldn’t choose fewer than nine.

Of those, folks, here are the final three.  What do you think?  I’ve given each a caption.  Which would you like to see on the cover of Sweet Salt Air?

Awesome Outdoors

Goin’ Green

Purple Passion

By | 2012-09-12T05:00:10+00:00 2012|Blog|192 Comments

About the Author:

Barbara Delinsky
Connect with me on social media: TwitterFacebook, my new Street Team (click to join for fun, exclusive things I’m dreaming up), PinterestInstagram, and that’s it for now. I need time to write my books!

1. Joy Harris September 12, 2012 at 5:33 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors

• Elaine Urbanowic September 12, 2012 at 6:13 am - Reply

Use the awesome out doors’ picture. Can’t wait for the next book.

• Karen September 12, 2012 at 11:03 am - Reply

They are all very good, but i agree with the other postings that the awesome outdoors is the best.

• Laurie Laporte September 12, 2012 at 7:10 am - Reply

I have to agree with the previous post. They are all stunning photos, but I like Awesome Outdoors the best.

• Shabneez Coorbanally September 12, 2012 at 9:09 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors definitely. It even suits the title of the book.

• Jennifer J September 12, 2012 at 9:56 am - Reply

I totally agree! You took the words out of my mouth, or fingers or whatever….

• P.A.M. September 12, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors!

• Tracey L. Howell Fielder September 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm - Reply

Pick Awesome outdoor, I love your books.

• Evelyn Archer September 12, 2012 at 5:54 pm - Reply

Wow! What a choice. I love them all but I have to go with purple passion…….I LOVE purple!

• ROSE BEAULIEU September 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm - Reply

I like the “Awesome Outdoor and that is the one you should choose for your cover

2. melissa September 12, 2012 at 5:39 am - Reply

Oh I can understand the stress!! Wow. However … worth it, look how gorgeous these photos are! They are all completely stunning. My favourite is the Awesome Outdoors – you look so chic, so relaxed … somehow for me that goes with the outdoorsy sound of Sweet Salt Air, if that makes sense? 🙂

3. Ana Rodrigues September 12, 2012 at 6:00 am - Reply

Hi, Barbara! All the three photos are great. But I agree with the two comments above: Awake Outdoors has the feeling of Sweet Salt AIr. And you are beaultiful and looking so happy in it.

4. flortessa September 12, 2012 at 6:05 am - Reply

The first picture is most perfect, because like your novel sweet salt air, it’s shows refreshing background and bright face of the author as well the novel:)

• Marion Goodell September 12, 2012 at 9:14 am - Reply

Hands down…awesome outdoors

5. julie barrett September 12, 2012 at 6:05 am - Reply

best is purple, adds a lot of color

6. Heidi Grotton September 12, 2012 at 6:09 am - Reply

Hi Barbara, I think they are all wonderful but my favorite is the first one. Awesome Outdoors!!

7. Pierret Sandie September 12, 2012 at 6:11 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors

8. Jonie September 12, 2012 at 6:13 am - Reply

I would go for Awesome outdoors!

9. Amier Kei Sakauchi September 12, 2012 at 6:14 am - Reply

I love all your pictures.

I most love the awesome outdoors tho.

10. Cheri September 12, 2012 at 6:14 am - Reply

I love them all but the first one out doors is the best!

11. Chris Jenkins September 12, 2012 at 6:15 am - Reply

I agree, Awesome Outdoors is the one to use! The other two are beautiful, but that one just stands out.

12. Kay September 12, 2012 at 6:16 am - Reply

Well I understand the problem in choosing because they are all beautiful of you. But if you had to choose, the Purple Passion one lights up your face. The color purple is very good on you.

13. Jill Schneider September 12, 2012 at 6:16 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors,it is just very natural and looks like the real you.

14. Theresa Stevens September 12, 2012 at 6:18 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!!!!

15. Margaret September 12, 2012 at 6:22 am - Reply

I think you should use the third picture, Purple Passion.

16. Judie Bouldry September 12, 2012 at 6:24 am - Reply

I love the awesome outdoors….def. the winner.

17. Kristie September 12, 2012 at 6:24 am - Reply

I think that it should be the amazing outdoors. I feel it suits the book as well.

18. Patty Donovan September 12, 2012 at 6:24 am - Reply

Awsome Outdoors

19. September 12, 2012 at 6:29 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors is the best!! You should choose it!:)

20. Diane D. September 12, 2012 at 6:30 am - Reply

I really like the outdoor one the best! I can see it on the back cover of your next book!

21. Louise Jolly September 12, 2012 at 6:35 am - Reply

Barbara, you DEFINITELY have to go with “Purple Passion”. The colours are vibrant and bring the natural beauty in your face. You look absolutely stunning in this photo. The outdoors one is not close enough and you look a tad pale and the green just doesn’t cut it. Scarf is waaay too big. Go with the “purple”!!!

Love ya!!
    xoxo ~~

22. Holly Whitehead September 12, 2012 at 6:36 am - Reply

Aw. Outdoors!!!

23. Regenia Shipley September 12, 2012 at 6:41 am - Reply

All of the Photo’s are Awesome but the Awesome Outdoors will go better with the title of “Sweet Salt Air.” I think you should only use it for this title and change it to the “Purple Passion.” for the next book! Can’t wait to read this book. I just know it will be as awesome as all the rest. You are the Best!!!

24. Pamela Ruth-Ortiz September 12, 2012 at 6:41 am - Reply

I love the outdoor one! It compliments your coloring and makes the picture really pop!!!! 🙂

25. Charlotte Fowler September 12, 2012 at 6:44 am - Reply

I prefer the Purple Passion. Really looking forward to your new book.

26. Vivian September 12, 2012 at 6:46 am - Reply

I agree with others, they are all fabulous but my favorite is Awesome Outdoors followed by Purple Passion.

27. Tracy September 12, 2012 at 6:48 am - Reply

Purple passion – we really see YOU!

• Jenelle September 12, 2012 at 12:55 pm - Reply

Purple passion is the best,,,,,the outdoors one is so hum ho

28. Nancy September 12, 2012 at 6:48 am - Reply

Looks like nearly everyone agrees and I am no exception – Awesome Outdoors is the clear winner. Can’t wait to see it on the bookshelf!

29. Larry Cultrera September 12, 2012 at 6:48 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors most definitely! Truly Awesome!

30. Paula September 12, 2012 at 6:50 am - Reply

Purple Passion is my favorite by a long shot. Hope it helps you.

31. Wanda September 12, 2012 at 6:52 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!! Just something special about it!

32. Keri September 12, 2012 at 6:55 am - Reply

Love the Awesome Outdoors! The others were just as beautiful, but the Awesome Outdoors to me looks very natural.

33. Tammie September 12, 2012 at 6:56 am - Reply

I love all your photos but I do agree that Awesome Outdoors is the best one for the title Sweet Salt Air.

34. Vicki September 12, 2012 at 6:56 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors! That is a beautiful picture and says it all.

35. Betty Stoecklin September 12, 2012 at 6:57 am - Reply

Definitely “Awesome Outdoors”!!! That picture is absolutely adorable!! I can’t say enough about how great it is!

36. Susanna September 12, 2012 at 6:57 am - Reply

Barbara, sure wish that I was as photgenic as you are! All three photos are wonderful but my vote would be for Awesome Outdoors for the new book!

37. Shelly September 12, 2012 at 6:58 am - Reply

All three are beautiful so don’t take my uneducated critique the wrong way! The outdoor one is young and fresh but there is something about the way you are standing, maybe the way you are holding your hands, that seems uncomfortable, not confident. This is not the way I picture you feeling! The purple one seems to be in 2nd place, according to your readers. Though stunning, the placement of your hand is awkward. My favorite (and I seem to be the only one!), is the green one. It is soft, elegant and just plain beautiful. It is the most natural one as far as I am concerned. You look confident and comfortable without being overpowering or pretentious. Hope that helps! Which one you pick doesn’t really matter… I know that the book is going to be great!!

• Joyce H September 12, 2012 at 11:39 pm - Reply

I absolutely agree with Shelly, the “Goin Green” picture is absolutely beautiful of you, Barbara!

38. Mari Drey September 12, 2012 at 6:59 am - Reply

I like the outdoor one. My next favorite is the purple passion. You are beautiful.

39. Sarah September 12, 2012 at 7:03 am - Reply

Definitely Awesome Outdoors! Gorgeous picture! 🙂

40. Cathy McKenna September 12, 2012 at 7:03 am - Reply

All three are beautiful but the purple adds so much colour to your face so it is my choice.

41. agatha September 12, 2012 at 7:11 am - Reply

awesome outdoors, coz its awesome!!!

42. Cheryle September 12, 2012 at 7:16 am - Reply

With the title Sweet Salt Air, the Awesome Outdoors fits perfect! The other 2 photos are great as well, perhaps for another book.

43. Dianne September 12, 2012 at 7:32 am - Reply

Goin Green is my favorite. To me it looks the most comfortable and the one that most closely resembles a person who would most like to “tell me a story”

44. Shannon Murdock September 12, 2012 at 7:32 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors. You look so young and care free. I love that photo. Beautiful!

45. Heather September 12, 2012 at 7:32 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors is the best! Makes you look young and carefree

46. Teresa Rice September 12, 2012 at 7:33 am - Reply

My fave is the GREEN!! I agree with Shelly TOTALLY (do 2 uneducated critiques make 1 educated one?!)!! Looking forward to the latest book! 🙂

47. Annie September 12, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!!! Can your photographer zoom in a little???

48. Jan September 12, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors

49. Kathy September 12, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

All the photos are awesome but I pick Awesome Outdoors. I feel your pain – someone points a camera at me and I go into a panic. All your prep was so worth it – you look fantastic!

50. Orah Ben-Jacob September 12, 2012 at 7:40 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!

51. Lori Myers September 12, 2012 at 7:41 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors! Gorgeous!

52. Judy Stratton September 12, 2012 at 7:44 am - Reply

Yes, all are beautiful but I too love the first one taken outside, so fresh and bright! My second choice is purple scarf. Can’t wait!

53. Nila Henson September 12, 2012 at 7:45 am - Reply

You should use the Awesome Outdoors… love all the pictures of you, however this one the most. Can’t wait for the new book to come out… actually re-reading some of the old books. My favoriate is Three Wishes… could read that one over and over…!

• Sylvia Hooks September 12, 2012 at 7:59 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors…..Looks so Natural…Love everything you write…

54. Deanne September 12, 2012 at 7:53 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors

55. Judy September 12, 2012 at 8:00 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors. All three are very good but the awesome outdoor one shows you to be more warm and inviting!

56. Sylvia Hooks September 12, 2012 at 8:01 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors…..It ooks so natural…Love all your books…

57. Becky September 12, 2012 at 8:06 am - Reply

Definitely “Awesome Outdoors”. But you are such a beautiful lady, any of them would be great.

58. Glo September 12, 2012 at 8:08 am - Reply

Love the Awesome Outdoors photo. the others are very nice also.

59. Kelly September 12, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

I really like the Awesome Outdoors Picture. Its a great shot!

60. Mary September 12, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

Barbara, there is no choice… The two close-ups look like “about the author” pics that belong on the inside flap of a book cover. Besides it’s ‘awesome outdoors’ when you can Smell the “Sweet Salt Air”. Lol…

61. Dana September 12, 2012 at 8:16 am - Reply

They’re all nice, but I love the headshots. Number 2 of the 3 listed, I think.

62. Marsha September 12, 2012 at 8:19 am - Reply

They are all Beautiful and it is hard to pick but Purple Passion is the one I would pick although I have to agree with everyone and say Awesome Outdoors is great too

63. Jeni September 12, 2012 at 8:27 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors.

64. V. St. Clair September 12, 2012 at 8:29 am - Reply

“Purple Passion” by all means! The vibrant color makes one feel happy. It also looks great on you.

65. Sandra September 12, 2012 at 8:34 am - Reply

They are all beautiful, but my favorite is awesome outdoors!

66. Missy September 12, 2012 at 8:38 am - Reply

67. Pam September 12, 2012 at 8:38 am - Reply

While I love all of the photos, Awesome Outdoors is by far the best photo for your new book.

68. Lyn September 12, 2012 at 8:39 am - Reply

I love all the photos but my pick would be Purple Passion
    you seem to glow with this colour

69. Ella Senter September 12, 2012 at 8:43 am - Reply

LOVE the Awesome Outdoors one… look classy, young, and beautiful. You really are hot.

70. Lorraine Thacker September 12, 2012 at 8:45 am - Reply

I agree with the majority, Awesome Outdoors is the perfect shot of you and so different from any I remember from past books…come to think of it, that’s one thing I miss about books on Kindle! I liked equally ‘Goin Green’ for your smile in it, but your hair is so similar to older pics…I think that’s one reason I like the full shot so well, it’s new and fresh looking.

71. judith barker September 12, 2012 at 8:49 am - Reply

the purple one for sure!

72. Lorene Beach September 12, 2012 at 8:52 am - Reply

They are all absolutely gorgeous pictures of you, but the outdoors one is my favorite.

73. Barbara September 12, 2012 at 8:56 am - Reply

I agree with everything Shelly said. Going Green is perfect.

• Shelly September 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm - Reply

: )

74. Yolanda Queen September 12, 2012 at 8:57 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors is a very pretty picture. They are all good ; what message do you want to send? I’m guessing accomplished author. If this is the case, I would use Purple Passion and hang Awesome Outdoors above the fireplace!

75. Nadine Huard September 12, 2012 at 9:05 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors for sure although they are all great

76. Debbie Fritsch September 12, 2012 at 9:06 am - Reply

I love the Awesome Outdoors shot because it shows so much personality!

77. Nicole September 12, 2012 at 9:07 am - Reply

I like Number 1 The Best!

78. Rita Booker September 12, 2012 at 9:14 am - Reply

I like the Awesome Outdoors shot! Love all your books!

79. Nancy Gorton September 12, 2012 at 9:21 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors wins with me.

80. Jan September 12, 2012 at 9:28 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors…love it.

81. Kathy Poulson September 12, 2012 at 9:29 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors is my pick!

82. Sonia September 12, 2012 at 9:43 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors – its the most natural looking shot 🙂

83. Kathleen Efflandt September 12, 2012 at 9:45 am - Reply

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful woman, but my vote goes to Awesome outdoors!

84. joan September 12, 2012 at 9:48 am - Reply

They are all beautiful – but I love “Awesome Outdoors”!!!

85. Sally September 12, 2012 at 9:49 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors brought a smile to my face.

86. jane September 12, 2012 at 9:53 am - Reply

awesome outdoor is great you look relaxed and at peace!

87. Susan Y September 12, 2012 at 10:04 am - Reply

Definitely Awesome Outdoors!! The photo setting totally goes with the book title.

88. Bonnie September 12, 2012 at 10:10 am - Reply

I like the awesome outdoors, but I also like the up close of the going green, there is something about seeing a person’s eyes in their photo, it’s a window to thier heart! All very nice!

89. Sharon Lapsley September 12, 2012 at 10:11 am - Reply

Hands down Awesome Outdoors. With the purple a close second.

90. Elaine M Pittack September 12, 2012 at 10:21 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors has to be the choice. The outdoor background looks so relaxing as if there is sweet salt air around you and the fact that you look awesome in that pic makes it my choice.

91. Stacia Benjamins September 12, 2012 at 10:23 am - Reply

I have to agree with Shelly, the going green one is the best.. You look the most relaxed in that one.

92. Marcia Harriman September 12, 2012 at 10:23 am - Reply

Purple passion. The first one the arms are too baggy. The second one the scarf’s two colors look odd. Third is best 🙂

93. Connie Carroll September 12, 2012 at 10:25 am - Reply

I have to agree with the majority of comments–Awesome Outdoors! Although, Going green is right up there. All three of the shots are awesome!

94. Jane F September 12, 2012 at 10:28 am - Reply

Definitely Awesome Outdoors! It makes you look so YOUNG! Second choice would be Goin’ Green. I’d stay away from the Purple Passion… just my opinion.

95. Amber B September 12, 2012 at 10:31 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors photo! Love your books!

96. Julie September 12, 2012 at 10:36 am - Reply

Looks like the overwhelming pick is the Awesome Outdoors shot! I do love that one, the blonde looks really nice and the partial body-shot makes you look young and carefree! Your choice in the end of course, but you can see that is the “fan favorite”. Can’t wait for your new book to come out! Enjoy the Fall!

97. Jasmin September 12, 2012 at 10:40 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors!

98. Sandy September 12, 2012 at 10:40 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors is perfect.

99. Heather T. September 12, 2012 at 10:41 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors…definitely!!!

100. Claudette Brookins September 12, 2012 at 10:44 am - Reply

All the pics are good but think Awesome Outdoors best fits title of your new book! Can’t wait to buy it!!!!

101. Claudette Brookins September 12, 2012 at 10:46 am - Reply

All the pics are good but think Awesome Outdoors best fits the title of your new book. Can’t wait to buy it!

102. Lou Ann Johnson September 12, 2012 at 10:48 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors – you look lovely!

103. Colleen Schrimpf September 12, 2012 at 10:58 am - Reply

I agree with Awesome Outdoors. Must be nice to have three such great pictures to choose from.

104. Celeste September 12, 2012 at 11:00 am - Reply

They are all beautiful, but I would choose the awesome outdoor shot.

105. Tamy September 12, 2012 at 11:27 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors gets my vote!

106. Pat Puckett September 12, 2012 at 11:29 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoor pic is my favorite………all are really neat….you are so pretty and photogenic with your beautiful smile!

107. Rosemarie Halloran September 12, 2012 at 11:32 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors! Most natural and relatable photo.

108. Lois Humphries September 12, 2012 at 11:41 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!!!!!!!!!!!!

109. Maria Grant September 12, 2012 at 11:55 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoor but I like Purple too…

110. Marian September 12, 2012 at 11:58 am - Reply

Love the Outdoor photo. It is awesome!!!

111. Debbi Burnie September 12, 2012 at 12:01 pm - Reply

My favorite colour is purple, and I have green eyes, but the title is “sweet salt air” … so You should go with the Awesome outdoors it is a beautiful picture of you …they all are amazing … but its nice to see all of you too !!

112. Nancy Watkins September 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors…the absolute winner!

113. Carin Buckman September 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm - Reply

OK – I am one of the very few who prefers Going Green. It is timeless, very striking, and knowing you just a bit matches who you are and your personality the best. Also, you can re-use this one for many different occasions. As great as I think the outdoors one is, I think #2 gives you the most versatility. Great new hair, btw!

114. Kate September 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm - Reply

Yet another vote for Awesome Outdoors.

115. Holly Alessi September 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm - Reply

The outdoors one caught my attention right off the bat. But then I saw the purple passion one…..but I still like the outdors one the best.

116. Kathie Newell September 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm - Reply

I, too, like them all. But I would vote for them in the order that they are displayed here, with the outdoor shot getting my Number One vote. Your pre-shoot agenda seems to have worked!!!!

117. Lynette September 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors is my first choice. Second would be Goin’ Green.

118. Susan Tolland September 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm - Reply

I have been a quiet fan for years!!! Even going on Ebay for some of the older ones… love all that you write! Awesome Outdoors is my pick, although all are lovely!!! You are relaxed!! All the very best!

119. Julie Engler September 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm - Reply

I am going for the green: Goin’ green. All 3 pictures are great but w/ the title “Sweet Salt Air” the green reminds me of the sea at times. Looking forward to the book.

120. Virginia September 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm - Reply

I like them all but I prefer the green to go with the title…

121. Stacey September 12, 2012 at 1:25 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors..great pictures but this one is my favorite

122. Hollie September 12, 2012 at 1:25 pm - Reply

I love a full-length shot. Awesome outdoors for sure. Every “skinny bitch” should show her body off., and you know I mean that in the nicest of ways. 🙂

123. Dianna Emmons September 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm - Reply

I say the Outdoors photo..I just love that one..Out door shots are always so bright sunny and airy

124. Linda Kellner September 12, 2012 at 1:32 pm - Reply

Absolutely ‘Awesome outdoors’. Gives you a whole new aura!

125. Bonnie Reddy September 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Absolutely agree with the others… Awesome outdoors is the greatest! You look marvelous !!

126. Amy September 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm - Reply

You look very nice in all of them but I do agree with the majority that the awesome outdoors is my favorite. Can’t wait to read your next book. Thanks for keeping us entertained.

127. Ev Bedard September 12, 2012 at 2:22 pm - Reply

I am partial to the full length–awesome outdoors–the scarves are too distracting–just my honest opinion

128. Tanja Latimer September 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors. What a beautiful pic!!

129. Karen Hastings September 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm - Reply

Dear Barbara,All of the photos were beatiful but I loved Awesome Outdoors!

130. Gwen Sargeant September 12, 2012 at 3:17 pm - Reply

The outdoors picture makes you look very very young.

Gwen Sargeant

• Denise September 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm - Reply

I agree. They are all wonderful, but in my opinion, ‘Awesome Outdoors’ wins hands down, it’s perfect!

131. Gayle Harvey Cohen September 12, 2012 at 4:25 pm - Reply

Hi Barbara I love them all but my favorite the outdoors one. You are very photogenic and take awesome pictures;
    Gayle Harvey Cohen

132. Lynn September 12, 2012 at 4:39 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors. Love the less formal look – and the smile.

133. Cynthia Surfus September 12, 2012 at 4:46 pm - Reply

Going Green…..the purple is to strong, outdoors, I think a sitting/thinking pose would’ve been the option.

134. Gail Hollingsworth September 12, 2012 at 4:58 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors, no doubt, hands down!!

135. Denise Chapman September 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors is great.

136. Kara Clark September 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm - Reply

#1 Awesome outdoors and # 2 Going green

137. Pam Lord September 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm - Reply

All are fabulous, but Awesome Outdoors captures your whimsical personality. Go with it!

138. Maria A. Piccirillo September 12, 2012 at 7:36 pm - Reply

They are all great but, I really like “Awesome Outdoors”

139. Karen September 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm - Reply

I agree. They are all good, but I love the outdoor one… Do you even take a bad picture??

140. Amy Letourneau September 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm - Reply

They are all gorgeous but I would go with “Awesome Outdoors” 😉

141. Dawn September 12, 2012 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors gets my vote!

142. Janette Prickett September 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm - Reply

I liked the outdoor one right off the bat. The others are good, but there’s something about the expression on your face and the lighting in the picture that make it extra special.

143. Ann Pollard September 12, 2012 at 8:30 pm - Reply

The outdoor photo is awesome for this book and the purple is for the next book!

144. Laurie Fessler September 12, 2012 at 8:35 pm - Reply

The first one, DEFINITELY, Awesome Outdoors……it’s a lovely, sweet, beautiful photo.

145. Laurie Fessler September 12, 2012 at 8:36 pm - Reply

pick the first photo!

146. linda fishman September 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm - Reply

i see i’m the minority, but my first instinct was to choose “goin’ green.” you’ve said your character is a farm-to-table kinda gal, isn’t that a major component of the “green” movement? 🙂

147. Kathy September 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm - Reply

I would vote for the outdoor picture.

148. Tina September 12, 2012 at 9:26 pm - Reply

You are beautiful in all three but the outdoor one is the best.

149. Sue September 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors

150. Amy Price September 12, 2012 at 10:09 pm - Reply

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Awesome Outdoors!!!!!! Not only do you look gorgeous, but your smile in this one is so fun. They all are pretty, but this one is my favorite.

151. Beverley Cloke September 12, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors is awesome

152. Angela Moore September 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm - Reply

I think the one with the green scarf is very flattering.

153. Phyllis Kusnitz September 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm - Reply

Phyllis wrote

None of them..
    .’Sweet Salt Air’ Should have the feeling of Salt Air with an Ocean/Ocean Wave/White Caps/Sand and when you look at it you should almost feel that you experience the smell of the wonderful Salt Air…

154. Sheila September 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm - Reply

I like all three, but I especially like the Awesome Outdoors the best.

155. Sue September 13, 2012 at 8:38 am - Reply

The awesome outdoors all three are great, but the outdoors would go with the total of your new book. I’ve just started reading your books, i LOVE THEM. Can’t wait for the new one.

156. Cindy Hellebrandt September 13, 2012 at 10:45 am - Reply

All three photos are great, but the awesome outdoors photo is more casual and friendly than the two studio shots. Love, love, love your books! 🙂

157. jeanie longo September 13, 2012 at 11:12 am - Reply

I Just finished reading Together alone which is the best book I ever read. I am Trying to get all your books now.
    You are awesome. Thank you for writing books.

158. Diane L. September 13, 2012 at 11:23 am - Reply

Awesome Outdoors! You are absolutely stunning in all of them! <3

159. melissa September 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm - Reply

awesome outdoors. different than the ‘standard’ photo. Very flattering pics.

160. Donna Frati September 13, 2012 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Nothing says…”Sweet Salt Air”… like the Awesome Outdoors !!
    Love it…How do you keep looking younger and younger…amazing !

161. Bev Anne September 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm - Reply

My favourite is “Goin’ Green”. The first one cuts you off at your knees and is too informal for my taste. I like the purple scarf but the lighting in the picture causes too much shine on your face. I think the Goin’ Green is a perfect shot. Having said that the choice should be yours (you get 2 votes for every one of ours). Choose the one that makes you feel like your most authentic self.

162. Milly I. September 13, 2012 at 4:43 pm - Reply

You look so fresh and fun-loving in the Awesome Outdoors. It says so much about you. Although beautifully done, the others are too formal. Save them for another occasion. My two cents!

163. Susan Vachon September 13, 2012 at 6:55 pm - Reply

Awesome outdoors…of course….to bad you did not have one of your wonderful beaded bracelets on too! Sue

164. Trudy Gerovske September 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm - Reply

My personal favorite is Goin’ Green! Though I agree that the Awesome Outdoors would probably go better with the book title, I feel that the amount of white in the picture washes out your face and hair. In the picture with the purple scarf, the left side of the photo seems to have too much light on your face. Goin’ Green has the best balance of light on your face and allows everyone to see your face to the best advantage. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the pix with us!!

165. Carla Creitz September 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors!! Hands down..

166. Jennifer September 13, 2012 at 9:26 pm - Reply

I agree with the majority – Awesome Outdoors!

167. Christine D September 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm - Reply

You look beautiful, as always. in each photo. But, I think Awesome Outdoors is clearly the best!

168. Susan B. September 14, 2012 at 1:27 pm - Reply

They are all beautiful. But, for me, awesome outdoors is the best one. Love your stories!

169. Amanda September 15, 2012 at 5:11 am - Reply

The Awesome outdoors is just gorgeous!

170. Fil September 15, 2012 at 7:42 am - Reply

Awesome outdoors is my first preference, but if you would like a more formal picture then it would have to be Purple Passion.

171. Sylvie September 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm - Reply

Awesome Outdoors. The hair looks the best there!

172. Robyne September 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm - Reply

I love all the photos, but my favorite is assume outdoors.

173. Jaime September 20, 2012 at 4:30 pm - Reply

I know I’m late, but Awesome Outdoors. You look the most relaxed.

174. Donna September 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm - Reply

All 3 are great. My least favorite is Going Green but even it is gorgeous. Your hair, oh my it looks so good. The color is absolutely awesome. These pictures in my opinion are the best of all you’ve had done for books. You look so healthy and full of vitality.

175. Marie Ellen Logie September 25, 2012 at 3:47 am - Reply

They are all beautiful pictures, but the “Awesome Outside” just pops out at you… is STUNNING!

176. Susan A. Fisher September 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm - Reply

It is so hard to pick just one. Every picture is truly you. Would love to see more, then I would really have a hard time choosing. I love the one purple passion but with the title of your new book I would have to say Awesome Outdoors. But you look beautiful in Goin’ Green. So I am having withdrawl waiting for the new book.